There are so many things in life that you think you don’t need at all, until you have them…then you cannot possibly imagine life without them. The iPad comes to mind. And Coke Zero (cough). And my beloved Keurig.
Well guess what? A brand of cleaning products has joined those ranks. I’ve been working on this post for some time now, but wanted to make sure I still loved these 6-8 months later and not just when they were new. If anything, I love them more.
(I should mention this is NOT an advertisement – e-Cloth has no clue who I am. I just love these and want to share my joy. Over a cleaning product. What has this world come to??)
When Real Simple named e-Cloth the “best of” in three of their home cleaning categories, I paid attention.
Then saw them in my grocery store and remembered (I do that…mom brain, you know). Since I HATED cleaning and I’m a sucker for anything that helps…I bought one of everything they had.
• The first one I tried was the window cleaning cloth. I have two sets of sliding glass doors, glass on either side of my front door, a dog and 6+ children who are in and out of the house frequently – with hands and noses pressed against the glass. In the past, cleaning the windows meant digging out the spray, covering the window, going through about 50 paper towels to scrub, wipe, then dry and de-streak.
With the window cleaning cloth, you just get it wet, wring it out, and wipe the glass. Ummm….seriously. That’s it. The crazy microfibers scrub off any goop, there’s no streaks and you’re done. No sprays, no cleaners, no going over them 3 times. Now when I notice a smudge I just grab my window cloth, get it wet in the sink, wipe the glass and put it back. Aaaah!!!
• I was so excited I grabbed the stainless steel cloth and the range and cooktop cloth. Both worked PERFECTLY. My stainless appliances were the bane of my existence due to fingerprints and smudges. Now I just grab the stainless, cloth get it wet and wipe. If I’m not in a rush I’ll use polishing cloth too – but it’s not necessary. The cooktop cloth does *exactly* what it’s supposed to – scrubs off anything burnt and picks up any crumbs. I also use the kitchen cleaning cloth for my countertops, table, cabinets, doors, etc.
With me so far? No sprays, no cleaners, no antibacterial this or that. Just a cloth and water. And they’re proven to remove over 99% of bacteria. They don’t kill it, they grab it. Then you rinse it down the drain. And no paper towels to toss. To clean them, you just toss ‘em in the washing machine (no fabric softeners, please) and they’re good for up to 300 washes.
• Next up was the bathroom cloth. Bathrooms. Hate them, right? Before e-Cloth, my routine was 1) find the damn cleaning bucket, 2) dig out the appropriate spray bottle of cleaner, 3) spray down whatever surface and gag from the fumes, 4) use a sponge to basically push around whatever I was cleaning (because nothing picks it up, it just pushes it around), and 5) grab the roll of paper towels to wipe up the residue.
Now? Wet the bathroom cloth and wipe everything down. That’s it. They pick it ALL UP. I can scrub with them, I can polish – I just grab a cloth, get it wet, wipe and rinse. Done. What used to take me 30 minutes I can do in 5. I almost cried. Or maybe I did – it’s all a BLUR, people!!
I love them so much I ended up buying a full set to hang in every bathroom (I have two full and two 1/2 baths), the kitchen & and I even have a set in my car. Once a month, I go around and collect them all to be washed.
Once my love was confirmed, I ordered the deep clean mop. Now I clean my tile floors perfectly with water and my swiffer wetjet and 6 different floor cleaners all went into the trash. I also use the dusting cloths, and I hung one of the shower cloths right in my shower. Now I wipe it down when I’m in there – no spray cleaners needed, remember?
Just last week I ordered their most popular product, the washing up pad. I actually ordered 3 of them. I also ordered the cleaning pad, which I believe might become my most favorite product. We’re getting the house ready to sell and I have a LOT of cabinets and baseboards to wipe down. I’m happy knowing all I need is a bucket of water to do it. OH, and I splurged on the high-performance window mitt. I love the window cloths so much, I figured this was worth a try!
Ok, so I’m a fan, as you’ve gathered. And I pretty much have the complete line. So you might ask what you should get – at a minimum – if you want to give them a try. This is my recommendation:
1. Bathroom Cleaning Cloth. If you get one of these to try you can use it in the bathroom and the kitchen.
2. Window Cleaning Pack (comes with the window cloth + a polishing cloth).
3. If you have tile or hardwood floors, the Deep Clean Mop is a splurge but will replace everything else you have.
4. If you have stainless, the Stainless Steel Cloth.
- OR – you can pick up one of their discounted home cleaning sets.
Once you have all of these – and love them – you’ll want the rest.
Any questions? Go forth and CLEAN, my friends!