Guess what?? We’re ICED IN here in good old Texas. Where it was 80 (yes, 80) on Wednesday. Amazing how that switch can flip, eh? As far as I’m concerned, if I don’t have to shovel it, snow blow it, or drive in it? It sure is purty!
I’m rather surprised my neighbors aren’t tossing eggs at our house, blaming us for bringing this nonsense from Pennsylvania. But I suppose they’re all hoarding their eggs – seeing as the run on the grocery stores yesterday was akin to an APOCALYPSE PREPARATION DRILL. Get your bread and milk, everyone!! It was funny; reminded me of Georgia.
I say that NOW, of course. Kids are home from school and we’re housebound. So we’ll see how I feel by the end of the day.
Good thing I stocked up on wine yesterday.
ANYWAY. I do this every year. Partly to share some things I love and partly to give ideas to those who give me gifts (ahem). So let’s get to it!
1. ASICS Gel Kayano 20. A staple on my yearly list, Vic turned me on to these a few years ago and I can’t wear anything else now. I love the heel cup for stabilization. I also work out in mine 6 days a week (unless we’re ICED IN – ugh!), so they need replacing every 6 months.
2. Clarisonic Mia Replacement Brush Head. You’re supposed to replace them every 3 months. I don’t. Oops.
3. Soundfreaq Sound Spot Compact Speaker. 99% of my TV watching is done on my iPad, and my little plug-in cheapie speaker doesn’t cut it. Nor do I want something huge, since I move around the house a lot. I thought I wanted a Beats Pill, but they’re just ridiculously expensive and I’ve read great things about this little speaker.
4. Lululemon Sweat Once a Day Bag. I admit I’m a tote junkie. And I need a new one for the gym (and beyond). YES, I’m a Lucy gal, but they don’t have any totes. I love this one.
5. Terry Cycling Shorts. Mine are 14 years old. Need I say more?
6. Foamtreads Coddles Slippers (9.5). I’m not a ‘barefoot in the house’ person. And my beloved Terrasoles are starting to fall apart. Waah! They don’t make them anymore, but these are darned close!
7. Aveda Lip Glaze in Mango Juice. I like the looks of Honey Tree too. I’m not much of a lipstick gal (no kidding, right??). But I LOVE this stuff. I go through it like crazy and need MORE. Mango Juice is my favorite color – just a hint of peach and stays on really well.
8. Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM. I KNOW, right? But egads, EVERYONE here has them and I drool every time I see one. Fashionable (duh), and a TOTE. Good gravy, women here use them as GYM BAGS. Can you imagine? Hey, it IS Texas, y’all!
Soooo…what’s on your list?